Welcome to North West Kent Countryside Partnership
The North West Kent Countryside Partnership works throughout the boroughs of Bexley, Sevenoaks, Dartford and Gravesham on a wide variety of community conservation projects.
Our Partnership has four main strands of work:
- Landscape & Biodiversity
- Education & Learning
- Community-based Initiatives
- Health & Access
To find out more about who we are, what we do and how you can become involved, please use the navigation bar on the left hand-sde of the page.
For further help please contact us by phone 01322 294727 or email email@example.com
Environment Agency Notice
· Further heavy rain is expected across Kent and South London from Thursday and over the weekend.
What we’re doing
· We are working closely with local authorities and emergency services to respond to the impacts of the weather.
· Our Area Incident Room re-opened on 5 February and will remain open throughout the weekend and into week commencing 10 February.
· We are receiving regular updates from the Met Office, and are closely monitoring river levels and conditions across our area.
· Our field teams are out across the area clearing screens and river blockages to ensure that, wherever possible, rivers and streams are flowing freely.
· We are operating flood defence structures across the patch to control the flow of water and minimise the impact on local properties.
Advice to the public
· We encourage people to sign up for our free Flood Warning service. You can register on the Environment Agency website or via our Floodline service on 0845 988 1188.
· Anyone who lives in an area vulnerable to flooding should think about the precautions they can take to protect their property. There is more advice about this on our website.
· For the latest information people should check the Environment Agency website www.environment-agency.gov.uk or follow @EnvAgency and #floodaware on Twitter.
· Don’t try to drive or walk through any flooding and be sensible when out and about, particularly around the coast.
Sign up for Flood Warnings, check latest information
0345 988 118 or
0845 988 1188
National Customer Contact Centre -
General Enquiries 03708 506 506
Incident Hotline -
Reporting incidents, blockages in rivers etc
0800 80 70 60
Kent and South London enquiries -
Requests for information, including flood reports.
Bexley Environmental Challenge success!
Winners of a Gold medal in the Green Project or Group category and winners of Third Place overall!
Have your say about the River Cray by completing our online questionnaire
We are seeking your
experience regarding the River Cray Catchment Plan.
The River Cray Catchment Improvement Group is currently developing the Cray catchment plan. This plan aims to improve and maintain a natural river for the benefit of both wildlife and people.
We want to hear your thoughts about your local stretch of the river - what you like about it, what you don't like, what would help you love it more, and finally what you can suggest be done to improve it. (Even if you don't live near to the river, we'd still like to hear from you if you have comments to make about it!)
Please help us by filling in this questionnaire, so together we can make the entire length of the River Cray a better place.
The Good Woods project will focus on reaching out to owners of under-managed woodlands, starting in the South East and East of England. The project will promote the benefits of woodland management planning; help to strengthen links between communities and woodlands; build forestry skills, and develop markets for woodland products.
In our area alone more than 40 site visits have been made covering over 1000 Ha of under managed woodlands. The scheme has now closed to new applications. The staff at the Sylva foundation are busy working on phase II however, so watch this space for an update.
London's bees need your help
Bees are in trouble across not just London but the whole country. Find out how you can help inspired by this cartoon.